Bridgepoint Education, Inc. is committed to environmental awareness, stewardship, and sustainability. Resource conservation and optimization through Best-in Class practices are at the center of our program. Using a continuous improvement mindset, we focus on advancing sustainability through:
- Utilizing best-in-class technologies within our facilities and supporting systems that minimize impact on the environment.
- Identifying and implementing best-in-class methods that improve resource conservation and maintain compliance with Federal, State, and Local regulations.
- Working with our local communities, contractors, vendors, and suppliers to maximize waste stream recycling.
- Establishing sustainability metrics for monitoring and reporting progress.
- Communicating commitments, metrics, and progress to stakeholders, students, faculty, and staff.
- Implemented desk side, single stream recycling, driving Diversion Rate to > 45%.
- Eliminated Styrofoam cups and containers in all break rooms and cafeterias resulting in more than 1,000,000 Styrofoam cups avoided in 2012 and 2013.
- Avoided 800 cases of paper towels in the first 6 months of 2013 by installing hands free dispensers at Spectrum Center location.
- Recycling efforts to date have saved over 24,000 gallons of oil; 1,000,000 gallons of water; 428 cubic yards of landfill; 2429 trees; 250,000 kwh of electricity.
- More than 85% of employees in Colorado utilize public transportation for their daily commute.
- LEED Silver Certified Buildings at all CA locations.
- Energy Star Certified Buildings at CA Headquarters location.
- Signed on with the EPS’s Energy Star Low Carbon IT Pledge.
- Installed Electronic Vehicle Charging Stations at CA Headquarters location.